Sunday 27 January 2013

Chuck Close & Keira Rathbone

Inspiration Edition 1- Chuck Close & Keira Rathbone
~~
Chuck Close
I found a book in my library the other day- Chuck Close, Face Book. It is a beautiful book, and I was inspired to have a look at some of Chuck Close's other work. He is a photographer and an artist, and takes portraits and self portraits. He then paints them using a square grid. I think he is really inspirational, as he was paralysed from the chest down, but was determined to paint again, even if he had to 'spit the paint onto the canvas.' 


I love his polaroid photographs like the ones above, and the way he uses paint to form patterns within the grids. 


~~
Keira Rathbone
Keira Rathbone uses vintage typewriters to create these beautiful pieces of artwork, which are absolutely stunning. The amount of patience she must have!



~~
Hope these amazing artists inspire you too!
Caroline xxx

Photos from here, here, and here


No comments:

Post a Comment