Monday 28 January 2013

Fabric Pastel Dyes


I found a pack of these Pentel pastel fabric dye sticks in my cupboard the other day, and thought I would try them out! I didn't know what to expect, but I think they worked OK! 


I tested them out to see what colours there was, and to clean the ends of the pastels, as they were a bit messed up.


I stencilled out letters in post-it notes, and stuck them to my fabric. I stamped around them in different colours...



When I was done, I followed the instructions on the packet, and ironed my fabric under a piece of paper. I found that if you moved your paper, and then used the same piece again, bits of dye that transferred onto the paper get stuck to the fabric. 



And you are done! I think this would be a good technique to use for freehand embroidery, to add detail, or you can use the dyed fabric to make a bag, cushion or anything really!

Caroline xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment