Friday 23 August 2013

room snippets


Hello! I wanted to share some little snippets of my room today, as I thought it might be interesting and I always love to find and make things to decorate my room. These adorable alphabet stamps are from Tiger and were a bargain at £3! 


This was a dreamcatcher I made for my window a while ago- I wanted to try tie-dying fabrics and lace and I think this gave it a really nice hippie, retro feel. 


One thing about my room is that I own SO many books, and they are all crammed in wherever there is space- the embroidery was a DIY here, the candle and Rob Ryan mug were both gifts. 


These old Penguin books have the most beautiful patterned covers and I picked them up at a school fair, for about 20p each. I also found a poem in one of them (by Shelley) called To a Skylark, so they (of course) were entitled to a place in this blog post haha.


 I used to (and still do occasionally) collect shells and pebbles from various beaches I have visited, and I think that these small jars suit them perfectly, although they are already overflowing!


My sewing tin (which I did a blog post on here), idea book and blog book (!) The tin is an old biscuit tin from Borough market, London, the apple-y book is from the V&A shop and the third book is a notebook from Waterstones. 

 A few of my favourite necklaces and my wall of prints and postcards (DIY here) I'm not one for expensive jewellery- my initial necklace was from an Urban Outfitters sale, the bird necklace and the rose are from Accessorize and the beaded necklace was (apparently) a freebie from a book or toy of my sisters I think! 


And finally, more jars... two full of beads and ink cartridges and one with pretty dried flowers in. These sit with two lovely candles from IKEA, which I have decided smell more delicious when they are not burning. Hope you enjoyed! 
Caroline xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment