Saturday 3 August 2013

changing (a mini re-launch if you prefer)

July wasn't the most exciting month on this blog and I have realised this is because I don't enjoy writing here as much as I used to, and therefore have been a little unmotivated. One thing I am especially worried about is content. I want to be a bit more free, and feel I have more choice of what I write here, not feel I have to do certain things if I don't enjoy them, and this, I think, will mean I more comfortable trying new things. I am not giving up, and I promise (I've said it now so it has got to happen) that this blog is about to get more exciting. 



A few things normally get missed off this blog- whether there is just not enough content to qualify a whole blog post on it or it just seems too random- so here it is! A collection of photos that make up The Best of July
«
At the beginning of the month my sister and I went to Somerset House to watch First Aid Kit perform. They were amazing and there were also some pretty good warm-up acts- Jo Rose and Milo Greene. 
«
This is a picture of me taken by my sister (thanks Sophie) in Mayfield Lavender , a beautiful family-run lavender field. 
«
This photo was taken by my uncle, and is of Queen's College chapel, Cambridge. I love the mix of William Morris-inspired patterns, and the stunning stained-glass windows. 
«
An exhibition I saw the other day was the 'Visions of the Universe' at the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, London. It was full of amazing photographs of space, many that amateur astronomers had taken. It was really inspiring and reminded me (slightly scarily) of just how small we are. 
«
 This is a cute teacup pattern from this website which I have been loving for a while. All of the patterns are tilable, which means they make wonderfully sharp desktop wallpapers, or can be printed to make adorable patterned papers. 
«
My final image is from Milo Green's video for 1957. If there is one song I have been loving this month, here it is. They played this song live when they supported First Aid Kit, and I just keep listening to it.

 

I'm sorry if this post has been a bit rambly, 
but stick around - things are changing around here 
Caroline xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment