Sunday 13 January 2013

Vintage Bead Necklace


I found these pretty beads in the odds-and-ends box in a bead shop. 
I bought them, but I wasn't sure what to do with them.
I thought I would do something really simple, so here is the DIY! 


All you need are some glass seed beads, some vintage beads, an old chain necklace 
(mine is just from accessorize) and some wire (roughly the same colour as the chain.)


You fold the wire in half and thread on one seed bead. Then thread both ends of the wire through 
the big bead. 



Bend one end of the wire round and make a loop. 
Thread it through the bead and wrap it round the wire. Cut the end as close to the bead as possible! (excuse my nails... I poked myself many times in the making of this DIY!)


Use the other to wrap around the loop (see above) and make it look all pretty and neat!


Then I threaded the bead on the chain.


I snipped off the end of the wire, and pushed all the ends of the wire in, so I don't poke myself :)


So  I did keep going until I had about 7 necklaces......
Happy necklace making! 
Caroline xx

No comments:

Post a Comment